Easy Jello Shot Recipe
Bring 1 cup water to a boil. Remove water from heat and stir in gelatin mix. Continue to stir for two minutes until all mix is dissolved. Add alcohol and stir to mix. Pour mix into shot cups and chill for at least 3 hours or until set.
Tips and Suggestions
- 1 box will make about 15 shots
- Make shots on baking pan for easier transport to refrigerator (or pour them in the fridge)
- Flavored vodka is a great way to add flavor to your shots (we love vanilla, whipped, and any fruit flavors)
- If you are using unflavored vodka, try using 1/2 Cup Vodka and 1/2 Cup Schnapps
- Add real fruit to shots for a fun presentation (cherries work great!)
- If you plan to leave them in the fridge for more then a few days, be sure to cover them or they will evaporate
- Don't add too much alcohol, or your shots will not set (the higher the alcohol content, the more water you will need)
- Keep alcohol chilled in the freezer for faster cooling shots
- Shots can be made inside fruit that has been hollowed out(Oranges are great for Creamsicle Jello Shots, Limes are great for Margarita Jello Shots)
- Food coloring is an easy way to change shot color
- Create layered shots, allow each layer to cool before adding the next layer
- Glasses look nice with Jello shots, but plastic cups work much better for easy removal the shots
- Get creative and remember to drink responsibility!